Inet3270 for iOS Help overview
Inet3270 for iOS is a TCP?IP TN3270E terminal emulator running on iPAD devices.
The following are the main features:
- Support multiple sessions running simultaneously. Show help.
- Each session can be configured independently. Show help.
- Session settings can be shared to other devices using email.
- What a connected session looks like. Show.
- Different 3270 models are supported.Show help.
- Using TCP/IP protocol. Direct or using SSL/TLS. Show help.
- TN3270 specification.
- Color palette can be changed by the user. Show help.
- Color for different field types is user definable. Show help.
- Different code sets are available.Show help.
- Custom code sets can be defined.
- Different keyboard layouts can be selected.
- Keyboard key usage can be changed by the user
- Keyboard and terminal screen are sizable and moveable.
- Touchpad for easy marking and selection with cursor.
- Printing to Air printer, PDF file or text file.Show help.
Gestures on a setup screen:
Single tap: Select
Tap and hold: Pop up option menu on certain settings
Gestures on a terminal screen:
Single tap: Move caret.
Double tap: Resize terminal screen or keyboard to best fit on screen.
Tap and hold: Start marking.
Pan or scroll: Move terminal screen or keyboard up, down, left or right.
Two finger pan or scroll: Two finger left pan -> history back : Two finger right pan -> history forward.
Pinch : zoom terminal screen or keyboard in and out.
The terminal normally starts up with a Sessions screen selected by the Sessions tab at the bottom.
You probably got to this Help overview by tapping the Overview tab:
Create a session by tapping the Edit button.
Tap the green + button to add a session:
Enter a name for the session e.g. Session 1.
Tap the Host bar. Enter the DNS name or IP address of the host to connect to and the Port to use.
If you need a secure connection, tap the button at the end of the UseSSL/TLS bar.
Tap Connect to connect to the mainframe.
Telephone: +27 12 803 6501