For more information click here.
TN3270E emulator for iPad.
GPvNO is in the process of submitting Inet3270 for iPad to the Apple App Store.
You can have a preview of the functionality here.
1. A license update can be performed any time by entering an update code in the
2. Graphic Escape has been properly implemented for the 3270 emulation.
3. Support for the APL language and graphic line drawing has been added for the
3270 emulation. Entering of APL symbols has been implemented for the 3270 client.
4. A number of bugs that could lead to Inet3270WebServer crashes have been fixed.
1. A Print Screen Preview facility has been added.
If RTF or Merge printing is selected for screen printing, the preview can make
the RTF editor available to edit the output before printing or to edit any RTF
file. This editor produces much cleaner RTF output than some other RTF editors.
2. RTF printing now supports Landscape and other paper attributes like paper size.
3. The latest OpenSSL version 1.1.0f is supported.
4. A problem with custom buttons when explicitly loading a new configuration has
5. Inet3270: NFT binary upload/download has been implemented for the 3270 emulation.
6. Inet3270: Occasional display of NFT screens has been fixed. In order to function correctly,
at least one history buffer must be specified in the 3270 setup.
7. Hotspots cutting off text has been fixed.
8. It is now possible to save a configuration to the Local Machine registry
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE). The option to do it is only presented when the product is
run with elevation (“Run as Administrator”).
This is useful to create custom default configurations on systems with multiple users.
When a configuration entry is not found in the Current User registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER),
the entry will be read from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. If it is not found there, the built-in
default value is used.
1. The Winet install program has been updated to make a clear distinction between
Complete and Compact setup. Note that certain modules e.g. Inet3270Web server can
only be installed by using the Custom setup.
2. When a Custom Install (not to be confused with the Custome Setup above) is done
by having a CUSTOM folder in the same location as the install file, the current folder
will be in a temporary location. To set the current folder to the default location of
C:\Winet\custom, use the following line in CUSTOM.BAT:
cd /d %1
3. The Microsoft “Print to PDF” driver is faulty which used to crash Winet when using
this printer as the default printer. Winet now handles the problem.
4. The model number for legacy 3270 terminals (non-TN3270E) has been properly implemented.
5. The model number for 3270 terminals is now properly reported in a Partition Query command.
6. Cursor blinking has been improved. Previously a slow setting for the blink rate in
Windows could lead to the cursor not blinking at all.
1. Winet contains useful facilities that can lead to passwords being revealed. They are Tracing, Macros and Scripts. All of these can be protected by using registry access policies that disallow unauthorised users from misusing it.
Certain users don’t want to implement registry access policies and the following changes have been made to accommodate them:
1.1. The network traffic portion of traces are now encrypted using strong encryption with a key protected by a secret password. Only GPvNO can decrypt it for support purposes. If a user wants to view it, the trace file needs to be sent to GPvNO who will decrypt and send it back to the user after verifying the authorisation level of the user. If the user does not want GPvNO to have access to passwords, the trace
must only be started after a password has been entered.
1.2. The macro recording facility can only be used if the user license (Dontwipe.me!) allows it.
1.3. The NotifyKeyboard property is set to “disabled” when starting and can only be set to “enabled” when licensed as in 2. This ensures that the OnKeyboard event can’t be used.
1.4. The GetString method can only be used if licensed as in 2.
2. The update code to update the license file (Dontwipe.me!) can also change the number of users.
3. A number of possible vulnerabilities has been eliminated.
4. Certain malfunctioning anti-virus programs could lead to a connection being reset the first time that Winet starts up with auto connect. Winet solves this problem by re-trying the connection several times before giving an error.
5. Special (diacritical) characters can be entered by typing a key to display the Special Character dialog at a position relevant to the key e.g. typing “Ctrl e” shows all the diacritical forms of “e” like ë, é, è, ê, etc. allowing you to select the correct one. The “Ctrl e” key must be set up in the keyboard mapping dialog by selecting “Special key dialog*” as the key and adding the “e” in the Text field.
6. 3270 fixes:
6.1. If a UTF-8 file with a Byte Order Mark is uploaded using NFT the BOM is removed.
6.2. If data was received while viewing a history screen, that screen was corrupted. That has been fixed.
6.3. 3270 data stream printing is now properly implemented.
The SSH implementation has been updated to support more secure algorithms. This version is based on the PUTTY v 0.67 code.
OpenSSL 1.0.2g is provided.
Facility to update license file (Dontwipe.me!) automatically from File or Web Server.
3270: Natural File Transfer download returning wrong status.
UTS60: Proper Unicode special symbols.
Saving most recent custom printer.
Printer overprinting for bold and underline.
OpenSSL 1.0.2e is provided.
Translation tables now have friendly names reflecting the associated Code Pages.
The default EBCDIC Translation tables for the old legacy fonts have been replaced with tables for a number of standard IBM Code Pages.
Web3270 script files have been updated to be compatible with the latest versions of browsers.
Various bugs have been fixed and small enhancements implemented.
Merge printing now allows large field counts which caused crashes before.
3270 Colour attributes are now configurable.
3270 Web Server supports Natural file transfer to configurable user folders on the server.
OpenSSL version 1.0.2a with bug and security fixes is supplied.
This is a bug fixing release.
Inet3270: Natural file upload record length has been increased from 2K to 5K to cater for long records. The spawning loop when auto starting a misconfigured 3287 printer is now prevented.
Inet3270WebServer now supports encrypted connections to mainframe properly.
SSL/TLS: SSLv2 and SSLv3 have been removed to prevent the POODLE vulnerability and OpenSSL has been updated to version 1.0.1j. Fixed display of Ciphers and Peer certificate.
LPR, LPD, LPD Service, Print Server Service and Inet3287PrintServiceCtrl have been fixed and enhanced.
The Help system has been updated.