- OpenSSL 1.1.1d is supported.
- Licensing problems introduced in version 6.55 has been fixed.
- The 3270 WebServer Web interfaces have been improved to handle a large number of users and sessions much better.
- The 3270 WebServer handling of Mime types has been improved.
- The 3270 Webserver proxy functionalty has been enhanced.
- The restrictions on ports for the Winet Proxy settings have been removed.
- The Irma client and server now support SSL/TLS connections.
- Various bugs which could lead to crashes were discovered and fixed.
Winet and Biometric Authentication
We are now able to supply terminal emulators that are linked to biometric authentication hardware like fingprint scanners. This has been used in a nation wide roll out.
Winet and VPN (Virtual Private Networks)
Winet does work with VPNs. See our FAQ page.
New release of Winet Terminals and Printing
Winet 6.14 was released on 28 March 2006. This version has been stable and was tested for some months before the formal release. It is the formal version of Winet 6.13 that has been installed at selected customers for some months and has been used in a big nation wide rollout for one of our customers.
New features in Winet
- Custom printer definitions gives much more flexibility in implementing formatted printing on legacy systems.
- A Screenshot option on the File menu to capture the screen(s) to graphic or text files. It allows you to auto capture screens to unique filenames or to append to a text file.
- Custom programmable buttons may be added to the toolbar and a new button-bar. This allows a whole new level of customization and is very easy to set up.
- Hidden/lost windows: If the window was moved out of screen, Winet resizes it to middle of screen.
- Auto reconnect (when your connection was lost) has more options.
- All menu commands are now mappable to keyboard shortcuts.
- Automation (for script development) has been expanded with a few very usful new faetures.
- Diagnostics to solve configuration problems has been expanded.
- Winet shall now display the conflicting IP address if “too many copies” are running. This will assist you to find the PC using a wrong licence file or to locate additional Winet installations.
- A number of bug fixes were also done.